Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Edit areas in Goldwave behaving strangely in recent snaps #670

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 23, 2010 · 28 comments
Closed

Edit areas in Goldwave behaving strangely in recent snaps #670

nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 23, 2010 · 28 comments
Assignees
Labels
Milestone

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by briang1 on 2010-05-23 15:54
In the last stable release of nvda 2010.1, the edit ffields in this popular sound editor could not be read with the cursor keys, they only revealed contents when the cursor was in them, or as the text was being deleted. However now we can hear the contents as we cursor, but it has stopped actually reading the contents on entry as it use to. the cursor seems to be at the end of the current content, but the screenreader says they are blank when the cursor arrives in them with tab or shift tab.
Sometimes two numbers are read up to the first colon, for example in a time field, but otherwise blank is spoken.
I'm not sure what has made this strange behaviour, but thought it worth reporting.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2010-08-27 13:58
Thinking of making a new ticket for better support of Goldwave, as there are issues with alert messages as well as edit areas and the tags for them in the latest versions.

If so would this be the best thing, or should I just raise seperate tickets for each issue?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2010-08-27 16:26
Separate tickets please.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by mdcurran on 2010-10-20 05:23
I can't reproduce this with Goldwave V5.58 and NVDA 2010.2beta2 nore the current NVDA main snapshot at time of this comment. I tabbed around the set markers dialog. Is there a better example of where this happens?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by briang1 on 2010-10-21 09:32
OK, there appear to be two different types of edit areas then, one reads but the cursor is not always where you think it is. This is the one you mentioned above. The other is demonstrated like this.

Load any file into goldwave

Go to effects/reverb and select, for example, concert hall in the presets. Shift/tab to the parameters and the edit areas appear blank, that is blank is announced, but if you use the cursors, you hear entries in them.
Hope this helps

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by mdcurran on 2010-12-02 02:19
Changes:
Milestone changed from 2011.1 to near-term

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by nvdakor on 2013-11-07 04:58
Hi,
I cannot duplicate this in 2013.3-dev when using GoldWave 5.58/5.70 on my computer (5.70 is installed on a virtual machine running Windows 7). This is on my list of bugs to track as I'm writing the GoldWave app module for NVDA.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by briang1 on 2013-11-07 10:24
Hi,so if you for example go to filter, and parametric, go to bass boost then shift tab to the edit areas, do they actually read when you land on them as the upper one in this dialogue does, but the others do not unlessyou are deleting or moving through the contents with cursors. Its as if the contents are not shown untill one moves through them.

This is in the latest master snap and XP and Goldwave 5.58.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by nvdakor on 2014-05-05 11:42
Hi,
After testing it, it appears that the value itself is not read. Thankfully, they are TNumEdit class and since we have an overlay class for these, fixing it might be trivial in the add-on.
I need to test if this has been fixed in GoldWave 6.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 9 by briang1 on 2014-05-07 06:37
Well I cannot speak for version 6, as I have no hardware which will run it, but I did notice that not all edit areas in version 5 behave the same. some are silent but can be cursored through to hear the contents, others seem to read a value, but its different to the one you hear when you cursor through. I'm not sure how that works myself. it might actually be a feature, but its hard to tell.
Then there are others that just don't work at all. Unfortunately sometimes these are in the same dialogue.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 10 by jteh on 2014-07-21 10:03
Please try this try build and report as to whether it fixes these issues. Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 11 by briang1 on 2014-07-21 12:00
Hi, yes it looks good to me now. I'd almost forgotten this one. I cannot test in the latest version though as it does not runon XP so it will have to wait till somone who is using the latest version to see if its any better.
There are some labels for fields that do not read, but most are tied up with complicated waveforms and the like so even if we heard them read, it would probably not make much sense as text.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 12 by nvdakor on 2014-07-21 12:16
Hi,
Confirmed that it works in GoldWave 6 beta.
I'll release a snapshot of GoldWave add-on with this fix applied. Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 13 by briang1 on 2014-07-21 19:06
So is this fix something that can just be done with an updated add on, or does it require some code changes in nvda to work as well?

Sorry, not been keeping up to speed about this so I am a little confused now.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 14 by nvdakor on 2014-07-22 00:16
Hi,
For now, changes in the add-on would suffice, but I hope this can make it in o2014.3.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 15 by James Teh <jamie@... on 2014-07-22 05:42
In [a96f37d]:

Numeric editable text fields in GoldWave are now handled correctly.

TNumEdit is now mapped to Edit. While GoldWave is the only application we know about that uses this, there are almost certainly others.
Re #670.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 16 by jteh on 2014-07-22 05:43
Changes:
Milestone changed from near-term to next

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 17 by James Teh <jamie@... on 2014-07-22 05:44
In [c48878a]:

Merge branch 't670' into next

Incubates #670.

Changes:
Added labels: incubating

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 18 by briang1 on 2014-07-22 15:34
The only edit field I've had issues with is the mix position one, whch sometimes just says zero or zero zero, when its a long number separated as for time.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 19 by James Teh <jamie@... on 2014-08-05 00:44
In [214b055]:

Numeric editable text fields in GoldWave are now handled correctly.

TNumEdit is now mapped to Edit. While GoldWave is the only application we know about that uses this, there are almost certainly others.
Fixes #670.

Changes:
Removed labels: incubating
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 20 by jteh on 2014-08-05 00:45
Changes:
Milestone changed from next to 2014.3

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 21 by jteh on 2014-08-05 00:47
I wanted to get this into 2014.3, so we'll deal with the mix position field later. Can you please provide developer info for that field?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 22 by briang1 on 2014-08-05 05:56
Well the time fields in most of the places cleary do not have the value of 0 as we see in this test, and the developer info shows that at least part of nvda knows what is in the field.
Input: kb(desktop):downArrow
IO - speech.speak (06:48:45):
Speaking ('en_GB'), u'Mix...\tCtrl+M m 10 of 24'
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (06:48:46):
Input: kb(desktop):enter
IO - speech.speak (06:48:46):
Speaking ('en_GB'), u'Mix dialog'
Speaking ('en_GB'), u'Time where mix will begin: edit'
Speaking ('en_GB'), u'selected 0'
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (06:49:05):
Input: kb(desktop):NVDA+f1
INFO - globalCommands.GlobalCommands.script_navigatorObject_devInfo (06:49:05):
Developer info for navigator object:
name: u'Time where mix will begin:'
role: ROLE_EDITABLETEXT
states: STATE_FOCUSABLE, STATE_FOCUSED
isFocusable: True
hasFocus: True
Python object: <NVDAObjects.Dynamic_IAccessibleDisplayModelEditableTextWindowNVDAObject object at 0x03CF6530>
Python class mro: (<class 'NVDAObjects.Dynamic_IAccessibleDisplayModelEditableTextWindowNVDAObject'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.window.DisplayModelEditableText'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.behaviors.EditableText'>, <class 'editableText.EditableText'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.window.Window'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObject'>, <class 'baseObject.ScriptableObject'>, <class 'baseObject.AutoPropertyObject'>, <type 'object'>)
description: None
value: u'00:04:48.56535'
appModule: <'goldwave' (appName u'goldwave', process ID 2516) at address 3ca23d0>
appModule.productName: u'GoldWave'
appModule.productVersion: u'5.70.0.0'
TextInfo: <class 'displayModel.EditableTextDisplayModelTextInfo'>
windowHandle: 590570
windowClassName: u'TTimeEdit'
windowControlID: 590570
windowStyle: 1409351872
windowThreadID: 2532
windowText: u'00:04:48.56535'
displayText: u'0'
IAccessibleObject: <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x242de8 at 3c00cb0>
IAccessibleChildID: 0
IAccessible event parameters: windowHandle=590570, objectID=-4, childID=0
IAccessible accName: u'Time where mix will begin:'
IAccessible accRole: ROLE_SYSTEM_TEXT
IAccessible accState: STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSED, STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSABLE, STATE_SYSTEM_VALID (1048580)
IAccessible accDescription: None
IAccessible accValue: u'00:04:48.56535'

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 23 by nvdakor on 2014-08-05 08:32
Hi,
Right, that's what I thought. I'll release a snapshot of the add-on which should fix this issue for TTimeEdit class. Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 24 by nvdakor on 2014-08-05 09:12
Hi,
Please try the new Goldwave add-on 2.0 snapshot from Community Add-ons website, which should fix this problem. Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 25 by driemer.riemer@... on 2014-08-05 16:28
Oh, I overlooked that. That would be an elegant way to do this. I will run a test build.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 26 by briang1 on 2014-08-06 16:04
Oh, should I now download the add on again then?
I'm a bit confused as to state of updates in the next snap and the add on and whether I need to worry about having the fixes in twice, so to speak.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 27 by nvdakor on 2014-08-06 16:08
Hi,
In effect, yes. The add-on addresses areas in GoldWave that hasn't been touched by NVDA core yet (the time field, in this case). My policy is to release monthly snapshots for add-ons to get feedback from early adopters and to fix issues.
I normally recommend not installing development versions of add-ons, but in this case, I recommend that you install it in a non-production version of NVDA to make sure this problem is fixed.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 28 by briang1 on 2014-08-07 06:31
OK just installed the add on ina copy of the next snapshot and both the time fields I used worked as you would expect here on version 5.70 in XP.

@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added this to the 2014.3 milestone Nov 10, 2015
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants