Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Too many blank lines/empty spaces in web pages... #699

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 13, 2010 · 3 comments
Closed

Too many blank lines/empty spaces in web pages... #699

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 13, 2010 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by H.D. on 2010-06-13 16:47
The NVDA should be able to suppress blank lines/spaces found in many web pages whenever such is possible. When navigating line by line or paragraph by paragraph, it is an extra work, awkward, or not so productive, to keep hitting down and/or up arrow to get to a web content if there are so many blank lines/spaces in between. Of course, the exception to that is in the "edit" field, for it is where one would want actual fill-in layout intagged.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2010-06-14 02:05
Please provide example sites. The causes of blank lines are often far less simple than they might seem.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by H.D. (in reply to comment 2) on 2010-06-14 19:45
Replying to jteh:
I do not recall other web pages wherein the issue of extra line/space was noted, however, the default home page for Firefox 3.6.3 is a good example.When you install Firefox, that is the default home page: http://en-US.start3.mozilla.com/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official. In this, after the link entitled "Advanced Search", I have to down arrow 7/8 times to get to rest of the content. I simply suggest the following, since, as a NVDA user, I rely on the input of keyboard and want things a bit easier in navigating web sites. The NVDA should be able to suppress
or

lines/paragraphs in between any given content of the web page if it contains more than three (3) such occurrences into two (2) line breaks.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

I suggest closing this in favour of #4904

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants