Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Suggestions list not reported correctly for grammar errors in MS Word spelling/grammar check dialog #704

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 14, 2010 · 9 comments
Assignees
Labels
Milestone

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by H.D. on 2010-06-14 19:26
When spell/grammar checking in Microsoft Word 2007, the NVDA does not read the content of the suggestion box nor of the edit box. The result is that the NVDA cannot be relied upon for the said function/task.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jeronimo on 2010-07-16 22:29
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2010.2

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2010-07-17 08:58
We're not accepting much more for 2010.2 except major defects.
Changes:
Milestone changed from 2010.2 to None

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2010-07-23 02:48
H.D., is this fixed for you in current snapshots?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by H.D. (in reply to comment 3) on 2010-07-24 16:01
Replying to jteh:

H.D., is this fixed for you in current snapshots?

No, the latest snapshot still contains following issues. (1) If the suggestion box contains a single item (i.e. only one suggestion), NVDA would not read it. (2) Even when you tab to and/or try to read it with NVDA+up-arrow key, the result is the same.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by mdcurran on 2010-07-25 03:33
Typing the word:
Electroensefolography
In to Word 2007 and hen pressing f7 to get to Spell check, I can successfully read the suggestion list, that only has one item.
Note though hat I do have to press tab once to get to the list, as I first land on the edit field containing the miss-spelt word.
If it really does not work for you, please provide steps to reproduce, including the word you miss-typed to produce the one suggestion that does not read.
Changes:
Added labels: worksforme
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by jeronimo on 2010-07-25 07:57
I reopened this ticket to you that there is a case where the suggestion is not read by NVDA.

Type in a word:

introduction.

(Do not put capital on the first letter of "introduction" and put one point at the end of the word)

You'll see that if you hit Tab after entering Inthe dialog grammar and spelling, NVDA does not read the suggestion.
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2010.2
Removed labels: worksforme
State: reopened

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by jteh on 2010-07-25 10:55
Jeronimo, in a previous comment, I said that this was not going to be fixed for 2010.2. I've asked nicely several times now that you don't contradict the milestones I set and that you not add new tickets to 2010.2. This is your last warning. If you change the milestone to 2010.2 again on a ticket, your account will be banned.
Changes:
Milestone changed from 2010.2 to 2010.3

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by jteh on 2010-09-24 04:30
As far as we can tell, this only occurs for grammar errors. We'll probably need to use display model to read this, as the text doesn't get exposed correctly via MSAA for some reason for grammar errors.
Changes:
Changed title from "NVDA 2010.1 does not read suggestion and other dialog boxes in MS Word 2007." to "Suggestions list not reported correctly for grammar errors in MS Word spelling/grammar check dialog"

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 10 by mdcurran on 2010-12-14 01:13
Fixed in c50b6b0
Changes:
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants