Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Occasional delay in speech response in NVDA snapshots when navigating through links. #713

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 18, 2010 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by H.D. on 2010-06-18 02:51
Using latest version of NVDA snapshot (as of June 17, 2010), when navigating through links (i.e. moving up and down with arrow), I occasionally experienced a slight delay before NVDA provided the speech feedback (i.e. announcing the link. I mostly noted it when doing search in both IE8 and Firefox 3.6. and navigating through search results. Attached is a log file for the said snapshot.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment nvda.log added by H.D. on 2010-06-18 02:54
Description:

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2010-06-18 05:38
How long is the delay?

Unfortunately, it's likely that there is little or nothing we can do about this. As you move through links, the link receives focus. Sometimes, setting focus to a link on more complex sites can take some time for the browser and subsequently for NVDA to retrieve the information it needs.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

It has been 7 years ago valuable information has been provided in this ticket. I can't reproduce this myself and we haven't gotten any other reports about this, it seems. I'd suggest a close as works for me.

@derekriemer
Copy link
Collaborator

the original user never responded to @jcsteh question, the log is no longer available, and if this were serious, others would have reported. Closing as for being aged.

@derekriemer
Copy link
Collaborator

@jcsteh @michaelDCurran how about an antique label? Would you guys have an issue with creating one?

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jul 3, 2017

I don't think we need such a label; it doesn't really serve any purpose, as it's not something we need to search for or gather stats about. Labelling as worksforme.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants