Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA not reading the first shown/highlighted result when typing in "search" box of Win Vista in start menu. #715

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 18, 2010 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by H.D. on 2010-06-18 13:41
When typing in the "search" box of Windows Vista, the NVDA does not read/notify the content of the first shown item/highlighted text as appears in the search box. The NVDA latest snapshots too have same problem.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by nvdakor on 2014-05-29 06:16
Hi,
For me, this is no longer the case (wasn't able to reproduce this, or maybe that I haven't tested with a Windows Vista system, and I do know that in Windows 7, NvDA does announce the first search result).
Before closing this, could you try it with NvDA 2014.2 to see if it announces the first search result in Windows Vista? Thanks.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

Given @josephsl wasn't able to reproduce this and Vista is discontinued, I suggest closing this as a works for me.

@derekriemer
Copy link
Collaborator

I've used this feature on vista before on my Grandma's computer. Worksfome

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants