Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Hotkeys to report playing track information in Winamp #727

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 22, 2010 · 10 comments
Open

Hotkeys to report playing track information in Winamp #727

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 22, 2010 · 10 comments
Labels

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by parham on 2010-06-22 16:01
Add hotkeys to Winamp that will announce the elapsed time, remaining time, and the total track length. Currently, to extract this information, one has to consult the 'jump to time' dialogue box (which opens using the ctrl+j keystroke), and calculate the remaining time themselves.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by Shaimaa on 2011-05-24 10:26
This is a very important thing. I think it will be useful if we have unified keystrokes for the famous players not only Winamp. It will be easy to remember.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2011-12-13 00:28
See http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4078384/software/nvda/plugins/winamp.py mfor an enhanced Winamp app module which includes this functionality. However, I don't think all of these features should be accepted into the main distribution, as they aren't available to non-screen reader users either; e.g. explicitly setting volume to 25/50/100%. Reporting of remaining time is fine, as it's probably easy for a non-screen reader user to determine this quickly, so a screen reader user should have similar access.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by trenton on 2012-02-18 21:01
Greetings!

A new program, entitled MP Access, created by the same person of the Enhanced Winamp NVDA App module, has been released to the public.
In addition to the already mentioned winamp App module, this program also adds enhanced support to Foobar 2000.

You can learn more, and download it by visiting:

http://erion.tdrealms.com/software/mpaccess

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by nvdakor on 2013-08-29 12:33
Hi,
Update: There is an add-on available from NVDA Community Add-ons website called Extended Winamp which performs the functions listed in this ticket. Thanks.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

Not sure what to think about this issue. It seems the extende Winamp add-on covers the issue raised here.

@derekriemer
Copy link
Collaborator

@jcsteh Mind if I close this as wontfix?

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jul 3, 2017

I think we could take a PR for this, but it's not something NV Access will work on.

@jcsteh jcsteh added feature and removed enhancement labels Jul 3, 2017
@bdorer
Copy link
Sponsor

bdorer commented Mar 19, 2019

As ExtendedWinamp isn't developed further it would be nice to include this feature.

@Brian1Gaff
Copy link

Brian1Gaff commented Mar 20, 2019 via email

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

there is now the official release of Winamp 5.9.1 out there and a winamp 6.0 is planed. I think updating the app module in NVDA would make sense since Winamp gets more atention again.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

7 participants