Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Suggestion for the UTorrent App Module #743

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 4, 2010 · 10 comments
Closed

Suggestion for the UTorrent App Module #743

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 4, 2010 · 10 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by elliott94 on 2010-07-04 07:41
Currently, using the latest snapshot, NVDA is successfully able to obtain the Files List using display hooks. However, it doesn't announce to the user whether the focused file is checked or unchecked.
Using display hooks, could this information be obtained?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2010-07-04 23:57
Changes:
Milestone changed from 2010.2 to None

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by parham on 2010-07-06 18:04
Also, I have found that the complete name of files is not announced once they pass a certain number of characters. Can this be fixed as well?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2013-11-27 05:42
The checked/unchecked state is drawn directly. I haven't been able to find a way to determine whether an item is checked using APIs. It might be possible to determine this using pixel colour, but this would require either sighted assistance or a lot of trial and error.

As for the name being truncated, there's nothing we can do about this. This is what is drawn to the screen and there's no other way to access this. You can expand the size of the column, but this is fairly tricky for a screen reader user.

Leaving this open in case someone wants to work on the first part.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

@elliott94: Do you still consider this issue to be valid?

@k-kolev1985
Copy link

@LeonarddeR, yes, the issue is still valid, even with the latest version of uTorrent. And it probably still can't be fixed, unfortunately. I doubt that the uTorrent team has done something to improve that.
@jcsteh, please do not use pixel color if possible, because that might not work for color themes in Windows different from the one used while creating the workaround on your machine.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

This issue is still reproducible.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I have tested with UTorrent 3.5.3.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@elliott94 is this still reproducible in UTorrent 3.5.5 (last stable version) with NVDA 2019.3.1 or newer?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Adriani90 commented Apr 25, 2020

I can reproduce this in uTorrent 3.5.5 as follows:

1. Create a torrent file containing more than one file of any format
  2. Open it in uTorrent
    Actual: a list shows up where you can choose which file should be downloaded. However, NVDA does not report if the files are selected or not. Exploring with object navigation I can see that there is the patern "selected" or "not selected" as a child to the file name.
    Expected: NVDA should report if the file is selected or not selected while navigating with arrow key through the list of files.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

In utorrent 3.6.0 there is no selection patern in the child object visible, how ever you can exclude files from download by pressing right click on the file and choosing "exclude". I am closing this since the interface of utorrent changed over time. If you still can reproduce this, please open a new issue testing in the most current version of utorrent.
Note that you will need the java access bridge to be activate for this to work, I've installed both the 32bit and the 64bit java access bridge and enabled them via jabswitch -enable command in the powershell.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants