Navigation Menu

Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

present name of sheet in excel when pressing control+pageUp/pageDown #760

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 15, 2010 · 7 comments
Closed
Milestone

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by jeronimo on 2010-07-15 17:31
I suggest adding support for key combinations Ctrl + Page Down and Ctrl + Page Up when you want to change leaf table in Microsoft Excel.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2010-07-15 21:29
Changes:
Milestone changed from 2010.2 to 2010.3

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by mdcurran on 2010-12-01 05:55
What is a leaf table?
Changes:
Milestone changed from 2011.1 to None

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by Shaimaa on 2011-04-20 22:27
It will be great if this ticket is solved. Many blind people use excel and NVDA for their work nowadays and navigation is very confusing without knowing the title of the current sheet.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment 760-1.patch added by orcauser on 2011-06-02 12:30
Description:

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by orcauser on 2011-06-02 12:34
Please see attached patch, solves the issue for me.
This is the first time I deal with NvdaObjects and overlays, so it might not be as clean as expected.

Thank you for your feedback.

Changes:
Changed title from "Added support when changing leaf table in Microsoft Excel" to "Please see attached patch, solves the issue for me. This is the first time I deal with NvdaObjects and overlayS, so I may not have implemented it at the right level. Thank you for your feedback."

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by orcauser on 2011-06-02 12:40
Changes:
Changed title from "Please see attached patch, solves the issue for me. This is the first time I deal with NvdaObjects and overlayS, so I may not have implemented it at the right level. Thank you for your feedback." to "present name of sheet in excel when pressing control+pageUp/pageDown"

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by jteh on 2011-06-03 04:58
Thanks for the patch. It is better to do this using real NVDAObject logic rather than morphing the object and manually speaking/brailling what you want spoken. Also, calling script_changeSelection from script_changeSheet would have sent the gesture twice, since script_changeSelection sends it as well.

I've committed my fix in 1fc94fa. This also cleans up the code somewhat. Rather than implementing a new changeSheet script, I just bound ctrl+pageUp/Down to changeSelection. However, this required fixing the objects so that they correctly reported that they were unequal when their sheet was different. Then, when the focus change is fired, NVDA detects that the parent of the focus (the worksheet) changed too and reports it appropriately. I hope this makes sense.
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2011.2
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added this to the 2011.2 milestone Nov 10, 2015
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant