Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Update russian localization #787

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 26, 2010 · 13 comments
Closed

Update russian localization #787

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 26, 2010 · 13 comments
Labels
close/cantfix component/i18n existing localisations or internationalisation task

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by a11cf0 on 2010-07-26 13:59
The russian localization is out of date.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by aleksey_s on 2010-07-26 14:11
I plan to start this work after a language freeze for 2010.2.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by mdcurran on 2010-10-18 05:39
What is the progress on this? the RC will hopefully be coming out in the next few days (as soon as I get my internet connection back).

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by aleksey_s on 2010-10-18 09:04
Currently, russian localization of the NVDA gui for 2010.2 is up to date. I am waiting for Natalia to translate what's new document.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by jteh on 2010-10-18 09:26
Note that the User Guide really needs to be translated, especially as the Key Commands document is now generated from the User Guide. NVDA and the installer specifically search for keyCommands.html now, as this is what gets generated automatically. In future, we may consider rejecting translations which are incomplete, including lack of a User Guide or correct markup, as this is essential for a high quality product. However, we'll probably need to relax this restriction for this release.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by aleksey_s on 2010-10-18 09:54
I understand the importance of having the user guide translated, but I don't have time resources to dedicate to translate it myself. Currently, Natalia Hedlund is working on the Russian translation of the documentation, and Volodymyr Perig works on Ukrainian translation of the documentation. If it is done on the time of 2010.2 release, I'll commit it.
BTW, as far as I know no AT has complete user documentation in Russian.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by pvagner (in reply to comment 7) on 2010-10-18 10:15
Replying to aleksey_s:

BTW, as far as I know no AT has complete user documentation in Russian.

I know we're getting a bit off topic here but...
Why not to be the first then?
The same is true for slovak, czech and many more languages.
When new version of AT comes out our local users have to wait up to six months for a localized version which in most cases excludes localized help and documentation. I believe this is one of the various reasons blind people all around the world don't tend to read the docs. They'd rather ask the simple questions over and over again on the various email lists.
I'm proud NVDA is the first complete localized screen reader where all the necessary resources are bundled all with the product.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 9 by aleksey_s on 2010-10-26 12:27
I hope the time of the final release will be not in the early morning so I'll be able to commit Russian and Ukrainian documentation for 2010.2.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 10 by jteh on 2010-10-26 12:49
I was planning to make the release in about 12 hours from now.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 11 by aleksey_s on 2010-10-26 21:04
Unfortunately, we can't finish translation of user documentation in time for 2010.2. I'have committed Russian changes though.
Changes:
Milestone changed from 2010.2 to 2010.3

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 12 by mdcurran on 2011-02-25 02:43
I have moved this ticket out of any milestone. Please move it back if it really is representing something... but its been floating on the most recent milestone for a very long time, and since it was the only open ticket according to milestone/2011, it did look a bit odd.
Also has been no activity for 4 months.
Changes:
Milestone changed from 2011.1 to None

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 13 by mdcurran on 2012-03-12 06:43
Closing as it seems not to be used for anything useful.
Changes:
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 14 by a11cf0.vk on 2012-03-26 12:30
In NVDA 2012.1 Russian localization is still very outdated.
Many messages, menu items, dialogs are in English.
The Russian version of user guide is also very old.
Changes:
State: reopened

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 15 by orcauser on 2012-03-26 13:49

There doesnt seem to be any Russian contributor that is able or willing to update the localization.
If you want to do this then you are welcome to join us.
We can help you on the nvda translation list, please read http://nvda-project.org/wiki/TranslatingNVDA

Once you are working with the new system, the Russian version will be available as soon as you start improving the localization.

Looking forward to working with you or anyone else who is willing to contribute.

Closing this ticket since if you work with us then the work will automatically be included.

Thanks.
Mesar
Changes:
Added labels: cantfix
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added close/cantfix task component/i18n existing localisations or internationalisation labels Nov 10, 2015
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
close/cantfix component/i18n existing localisations or internationalisation task
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant