Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Add keyboard accelerator for report spelling errors option #793

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 30, 2010 · 16 comments
Closed

Add keyboard accelerator for report spelling errors option #793

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 30, 2010 · 16 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by oaron on 2010-07-30 19:41
In NVDA's documents settings dialog, the report Spelling Errors checkbox has no accelerators.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by pvagner on 2010-07-30 21:01
Actually there are multiple issues in this dialog.
"Announce formatting changes after the cursor (can cause a lag)" also does not have a mnemonic.
Also "Report line numbers" and "Report links" are in conflict.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment settingsDialogs.patch added by pvagner on 2010-07-30 21:24
Description:
Patch adding keyboard accelerators to all the settings dialogs controls

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by pvagner on 2010-07-30 21:26
Actually there are much more inconsistencieswhen looking at all the settings dialogs. I am not sure we can afford such a drastic change so I am just attaching a patch instead of committing it now.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2010-08-19 12:10
Peter, I'll leave this one up to you. I'm happy for it to be committed if it's tested. However, even though we haven't frozen strings yet, it might be too many string changes at this late stage. In that case, move it to 2010.3.

Personally, I don't think it's critical to have accelerators for every option in a dialog, only the most common ones, but I guess that's subjective.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2010-09-02 06:01
Changes:
Milestone changed from 2010.2 to 2010.3

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by mdcurran on 2010-12-02 02:22
Feel free to merge the patch if it still works. But moving this out of any milestone.
Changes:
Milestone changed from 2011.1 to None

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by mdcurran on 2010-12-02 02:23
Changes:
Changed title from "bug in NVDA's documents settings dialog" to "keyboard accelerators missing from Document settings dialog"

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by Bernd on 2011-03-06 13:40
Peter,
would you commit your patch to the main branch as I think it would work.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by beqa on 2013-05-09 13:16
hi.

so, I think this problem has been solved by peter.

can you commit this patch and close the ticket.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 9 by nvdakor on 2013-08-29 12:48
Work in progress:
Repo: https://bitbucket.org/josephsl/nvda-dev
Branch: t793
@pvaner: I may have changed some shortcut assignments. Also, some other dialogs doesn't have shortcut keys for some items as well (t2600 concerns menu items, while this one is more towards individual gui/settingsDialogs file). Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 10 by MHameed on 2014-08-27 08:16
Hi Joseph,

What is the current status of this, has this been completed and just needs review?
If it is not complete, it would be great if you could invest some time to get this done so that the ticket can be addressed/resolved.

Thanks,
Mesar

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 11 by nvdakor (in reply to comment 10) on 2014-08-27 08:31

Replying to MHameed:

Hi Joseph,

What is the current status of this, has this been completed and just needs review?

If it is not complete, it would be great if you could invest some time to get this done so that the ticket can be addressed/resolved.

Thanks,

Mesar

Hi,
Sure, please merge the changes (you might want to merge master first to make sure the last of these unbound labels are fixed). Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 13 by James Teh <jamie@... on 2014-11-12 01:03
In [1bf5e36]:

Shortcut for report spelling errors option (alt+r).

Incubates #793.

Changes:
Added labels: incubating

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 14 by jteh on 2014-11-12 01:08
The original point of this ticket was to add a shortcut for the spelling errors option, but the scope was then changed several times. In order to satisfy the original request without waiting a few more years :), I'm narrowing the scope back to what it was originally. I don't think the "Announce formatting changes after the cursor" check box is used frequently enough to deserve a shortcut and it's the first one in the dialog anyway. Please file further tickets if you have good use cases as to why a particular option needs a new/changed shortcut.
Changes:
Changed title from "keyboard accelerators missing from Document settings dialog" to "Add keyboard accelerator for report spelling errors option"

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 15 by James Teh <jamie@... on 2014-12-03 04:44
In [90a7e59]:

In NVDA's Document Formatting settings dialog, the option to report spelling errors now has a shortcut key (alt+r).

Fixes #793.

Changes:
Removed labels: incubating
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 16 by jteh on 2014-12-03 04:47
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2015.1

@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added this to the 2015.1 milestone Nov 10, 2015
jcsteh added a commit that referenced this issue Nov 23, 2015
…pelling errors now has a shortcut key (alt+r).

Fixes #793.
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant