Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Not receiving files or messages in wlm by pressing enter, also with url adresses #796

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 31, 2010 · 11 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by ManuelRamos on 2010-07-31 20:12
When we are using NVDA with Windows Live Messenger and we want to receive a vocal message or file transfer, by pressing enter file or message are not being accessed. Also, when pressing enter to open an url adress, sent via windows live messenger

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by ManuelRamos on 2010-07-31 20:58
Also, when it is sent any url adress, by pressing enter it doesn't open.
Changes:
Changed title from "Not receiving files or messages in wlm by pressing enter" to "Not receiving files or messages in wlm by pressing enter, also with url adresses"
Milestone changed from None to 2010.2

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2010-08-01 06:22
Changes:
Milestone changed from 2010.2 to 2010.3

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by mdcurran on 2010-12-01 07:35
For receiving files you can press the shortcut keys mentioned in the message (alt+c is accept). In Windows Live 2011 you can press enter on the action or press the shortcut key. As for URLs, in Live 2009, it doesn't seem to look like a link and it won't click with the mouse. However in Live 2011 you can press enter on the link.
Changes:
Added labels: worksforme
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by PZajda on 2011-11-23 10:50
For voice messages, it doesn't work on WLM 2009. If I press enter on Play, it doesn't play the message. To listen to it, I have to find the file in my temp directory. For links, it worked when I used JAWS and I didn't think it had been added by FS.
Changes:
Removed labels: worksforme
State: reopened

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by jteh on 2011-11-23 10:54
As noted in comment:3, for 2009, you need to press the shortcut keys. Is there no shortcut key provided when you receive a voice message?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by PZajda on 2011-11-23 10:57
No, there is not any shortcut to read voice message on WLM 2009.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by jteh on 2011-11-23 11:04
Changes:
Milestone changed from 2011.1 to None

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment msnmsgr.py added by PZajda on 2011-11-28 17:40
Description:
App module for Windows Live Messenger

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by PZajda on 2011-11-28 17:45
I have modified appModules/msnmsgr.py with the following changes:

1. Now there is not specific class for history window on WLM 2009, because it is accessible since last changes on DisplayModel. Now pressing enter is possible into this edit box.
  2. Announcement of new messages is on the method event_valueChange of the appModule. I didn't test with WLM 2011 because I use Windows XP.
  3. I have added the announcement when the person we are talking with is typing. I don't know if it works under WLM 2011 too.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 9 by PZajda on 2011-11-28 18:01
I've just found a limitation with my changes:
smilets are not recognized. With OldMSNHistory class, event if we let WLM displaying emoticons we had a description.

I hop it is the only problem...

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

WLM is abandoned, closing as won't fix.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants