Opened 4 years ago

Last modified 3 years ago

#796 reopened defect

Not receiving files or messages in wlm by pressing enter, also with url adresses

Reported by: ManuelRamos Owned by:
Priority: minor Milestone:
Component: Core Version: master
Keywords: Cc: webmaster@gansta93.com
Operating system: Windows XP Blocked by:
Blocking:
Changes document entry (for developers):

Description (last modified by ManuelRamos)

When we are using NVDA with Windows Live Messenger and we want to receive a vocal message or file transfer, by pressing enter file or message are not being accessed. Also, when pressing enter to open an url adress, sent via windows live messenger

Attachments (1)

msnmsgr.py (2.6 KB) - added by PZajda 3 years ago.
App module for Windows Live Messenger

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (10)

comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by ManuelRamos

• Description modified (diff)
  • Keywords vocal or url adress added
  • Milestone set to 2010.2
  • Summary changed from Not receiving files or messages in wlm by pressing enter to Not receiving files or messages in wlm by pressing enter, also with url adresses

Also, when it is sent any url adress, by pressing enter it doesn't open.

comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by jteh

• Keywords windows live messenger file vocal message or url adress pressing enter removed
  • Milestone changed from 2010.2 to 2010.3

comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by mdcurran

• Resolution set to worksforme
  • Status changed from new to closed

For receiving files you can press the shortcut keys mentioned in the message (alt+c is accept). In Windows Live 2011 you can press enter on the action or press the shortcut key. As for URLs, in Live 2009, it doesn't seem to look like a link and it won't click with the mouse. However in Live 2011 you can press enter on the link.

comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by PZajda

• Cc webmaster@gansta93.com added
  • Operating system set to Windows XP
  • Resolution worksforme deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened
  • Version set to development

For voice messages, it doesn't work on WLM 2009. If I press enter on Play, it doesn't play the message. To listen to it, I have to find the file in my temp directory. For links, it worked when I used JAWS and I didn't think it had been added by FS.

comment:5 Changed 3 years ago by jteh

As noted in comment:3, for 2009, you need to press the shortcut keys. Is there no shortcut key provided when you receive a voice message?

comment:6 Changed 3 years ago by PZajda

No, there is not any shortcut to read voice message on WLM 2009.

comment:7 Changed 3 years ago by jteh

• Milestone 2011.1 deleted

Changed 3 years ago by PZajda

App module for Windows Live Messenger

comment:8 Changed 3 years ago by PZajda

I have modified appModules/msnmsgr.py with the following changes:

1. Now there is not specific class for history window on WLM 2009, because it is accessible since last changes on DisplayModel. Now pressing enter is possible into this edit box.
  2. Announcement of new messages is on the method event_valueChange of the appModule. I didn't test with WLM 2011 because I use Windows XP.
  3. I have added the announcement when the person we are talking with is typing. I don't know if it works under WLM 2011 too.

comment:9 Changed 3 years ago by PZajda

I've just found a limitation with my changes:
smilets are not recognized. With OldMSNHistory class, event if we let WLM displaying emoticons we had a description.

Version 0, edited 3 years ago by PZajda (next)
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.