Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Add a "Remove" button that would allow the user to remove the system configuration for NVDA #814

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 7, 2010 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by elliott94 on 2010-08-07 06:56
Reading the recent changes and taking into account that the users NVDA configuration can now be used on Secure Desktop screens, it may be benneficial to add a "Remove Configuration" button, that would autimatically remove this configuration, for example, if they decided that they wanted to go back to using the default configuration settings on these particular screens. Moreover, I'm not sure if the isntaller does this already, but is it required to ensure that the installer also removes theses settings when unisntalling NVDA as well?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2010-09-02 05:59
Changes:
Milestone changed from 2010.2 to None

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

CC @jcsteh @elliott94

I agree removing system config can help, but it might be enough to document in the user guide how to do this. Having said that, the whole system config approach still is a bit complex in comparison what other screen readers do.

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jul 19, 2017 via email

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

@jcsteh commented on 19 jul. 2017 05:28 CEST:

What do other screen readers do here? For example, when you first hit the
logon screen after booting, what settings do they use?

I know that JAWS uses the speech and braille settings from the last logged on user. Same seems to happen for SuperNova, however I"m not sure whether SuperNova just relies on SAM for it to detect a braille display. Point is that at least using speech settings from the last logged in user would already break for users running Vocalizer Expressive 3.0, since that has per user activation.

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jul 19, 2017 via email

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants