Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Error when copying user configuration data to the logon screen #815

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 7, 2010 · 3 comments
Closed
Assignees
Milestone

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by elliott94 on 2010-08-07 09:59
Using latest snapshot available (3691), I get an error when attemptign to copy user config settings to the logon screen.
Sets to repro:

1. Install latest snapshot of NVDA (used installer version).
  2. Choose the "Copy User Confriguration To Logon Screen" button from within the "General Settings" menu.
  3. When the system prompt appears, select username, and uncheck the "Protect My System From Unauthorised Activity".
  4. Hit the "OK" button.

Result: NVDA brings up a dialog stating that an error occured when copyign the configuration data.
Expected result: configuration data should be copied to the correct location.

I have several additional synths in the SynthDrivers directory, and I'm obviously running as admin.
I've also attempted to check the "Protect My System From Unauthorised Use", but that didn't make any difference.
As far as I can tell, no useful information was written to the log.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by elliott94 on 2010-08-07 10:14
Update: after a bit of exploring, below the Protect Computer checkbox, I discovered another edit combo which allowed me to select my username, and enter my password. Hoowever, after doing this, I then received the following:
C:\Program Files\NVDA\NVDA_Slave.exe can not start because either the service is not enabled, or it has no esotiated devices.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2010-08-07 12:45
Technical: I'm not sure why runas isn't elevating to administrator. However, we should try to perform the task and only use runas if it fails, as runas isn't required in XP if the user is already an administrator and presents a somewhat less than intuitive dialog. I do this in config.setStartOnLogonScreen() as well.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by mdcurran on 2010-08-09 01:30
Fixed in 129916d.
Now NVDA will try a normal copy, and only if that fails then use nvda slave with admin privilages.
Tested on an admin account with XP SP3.
Changes:
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants