Blocking:
Changes document entry (for developers):

Description

Some users who played with the flat reveiw navigation suggested te following:
It would be nice if some navigation would be added especially for this mode:
extendedPrior: jump to top of screen
extendedNext: jump to bottom of screen
extendedHome: get to beginning of current line
extendedEnd: get to end of current line.
These keys would act this way when in flat review, but would act normally in other modes.

Change History (4)

comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by jteh

• Resolution set to wontfix
  • Status changed from new to closed

Flat review is simply an extension of our current review functionality. NVDA never overrides system cursor keys for review.

comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by peter

I had also significant number of students who found review controls not very intuitive. I know that system with 3*3 keys is here from the begining of nvda but from my point of view and experiences this kind of control is really a complication for many users. Is it really a problem to add few new keystrokes and use arrows and pgup,pgdn,home,end in combination with some modifiers to work with review functionality?

comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by jteh

The current system should not be too difficult to explain, although we could possibly do a better job of that in the user guide. Nevertheless, this should be discussed in #804. Something like this cannot be done for 2010.2, as it requires too many core code changes and will delay the release unacceptably.

comment:4 Changed 4 years ago by aleksey_s

In fact, NVDA currently supports all of listed functionality, though keybindings are different. Use shift+numpad7 to jump to the top of the review text, shift+numpad9 to jump to the bottom, shift+numpad1 to move to the start of line and shift+numpad3 to move to the end of line.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.