Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Code proposition to display list of active applications as a listbox #823

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 9, 2010 · 4 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by msuch on 2010-08-09 21:54
This brings to NVDA something very similar to what we have with Haws.
The attached program and script allows to display running application as a listbox allowing user to switch from one to other from there.
The windowlist.py script must be added to _default.py and be bound to some key (here, I used NVDA+shift+f10.
The python script might not be very perfect but works. It offers the possibility to translate the window content in other languages.
The program WindowsList.exe must be placed in the nvda base directory.
If this encounter interest, we will provide source code for the program written in Visual Basic.
We are also working on some similar program to display the systm tray in the same way.
Please let me know if of any interest.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment windowslist.zip added by msuch on 2010-08-09 21:55
Description:
A program to bring NVDA the windows list function

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2010-08-09 22:12
Why is this necessary? You can already access a list of applications using the taskbar. I don't see any need to duplicate core Windows functionality.

Note that if we did do something like this, I'd prefer to implement it all in Python to avoid the need to bundle another executable.
Changes:
Milestone changed from 2010.3 to None

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by nvdakor on 2013-08-29 12:51
Update:
There is already an add-on for this at addons.nvda-community.org named Systray list which has taskbar list functionality. Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2013-08-29 22:03
I see no need for this. Those that do want it can use the add-on.
Changes:
Added labels: wontfix
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant