Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Support Malay in eSpeak #831

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 17, 2010 · 10 comments
Closed

Support Malay in eSpeak #831

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 17, 2010 · 10 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by RamboUdin on 2010-08-17 10:45
Hi,
Since Eloquence can't be used as NVDA default synthesizer/the synthesizer itself, i would like to request something. For Malay language, eloquence reads it very good. But, espeak don't do it well. So, this should be added to NVDA as well as the ESpeak synthesizer. If not NVDA then it's ok, but please add it to espeak.

Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2010-08-17 13:19
This request needs to be submitted to the eSpeak project. Help will be required from a native speaker to improve the existing support.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by RamboUdin on 2010-08-18 09:36
Hi,
Can you add the Malay language to NVDA?
if can, then thanks. If cannot nevermind.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by allan on 2010-08-18 10:28
Hi RamboUdin, NVDA can be use with Malay language very well. The only problem is the way eSpeak read in Malay, it is difficult to understand compared to Eloquence, but this is nothing that NVDA developers can do. Please contact the developer of eSpeak.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by RamboUdin on 2010-08-18 10:31
Hi,
How to set it so that it uses the malay language? I looked at the general settings|language, there is no malay?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by allan on 2010-08-18 10:46
Hi,
There's no people from Malaysia who willing to translate NVDA into Malay, therefore you didnt see Malay in the language list.

But if you just want to use NVDA to read Malay, I think a TTS like Eloquence or simmelar can do the job for you.

Are you using a Malay Windows XP/Vista/7?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by RamboUdin on 2010-08-18 10:49
Hi,
i'm using english version of windows XP. How do i change it?
another thing, how do i translate (if have) it to Malay?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by allan on 2010-08-18 10:54
Hi,

1. Why do you insist to use NVDA in Malay when you are using a english copy of XP?
  2. Please read the following page if you interested to translate NVDA to Malay:
    http://www.nvda-project.org/wiki/TranslatingNVDA

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by RamboUdin on 2010-08-19 11:02
Hi,
i read Malay language everyday.
that's why, i need it.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 9 by amir1096 on 2013-04-05 04:05
Changes:
Changed title from "New language requires for ESpeak and also NVDA." to "New language requires for ESpeak"
Added labels: wontfix
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 10 by jteh on 2013-04-05 05:02
Changes:
Changed title from "New language requires for ESpeak" to "Support Malay in eSpeak"

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant