Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

nvda does not correctly identify status update field on facebook #835

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 19, 2010 · 4 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by mike.reiser on 2010-08-19 16:37
When going to facebook.com, nvda doesn't always identify the status update field as an edit field. Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to www.facebook.com and log in.
  2. Go to the news feed section which is a heading level 2 heading.
  3. Down arrow until it says "What's on your mind?" It will identify it correctly at this point.
  4. Arrow out of the edit field and up arrow.

Actual results: nvda calls it a clickable element and doesn't identify the what's on your mind prompt. Expected results: all fields and labels should be identified correctly. Tested with window-eyes also and it consistantly called it an edit field.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by mike.reiser on 2010-08-19 20:05
This seems to be fixed in the latest nightly build, however issue still happens in ie8. The difference is that the field totally disappears and is identified as a blank space.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2010-08-20 05:16
For me, the field completely disappears in both IE and Firefox. I actually have a feeling the Facebook interface hides it depending on where you are on the page. I need to have someone sighted confirm this. If this is the case, there's nothing we can do.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2010-08-24 00:49
Further investigation reveals that the field doesn't disappear, but it does change from a normal textarea (which seems to be just a placeholder) into a contentEditable div. This requires support for rich text editing on the web, which is a way off yet.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by leonarddr on 2015-02-06 16:27
Since this ticket is doing nothing for four years now, I assume it can be closed? I've never experienced such a problem during the last few years.
Changes:
Added labels: worksforme
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant