Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA plays an error when moving thru list view, and start menu. #851

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 23, 2010 · 4 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by RamboUdin on 2010-08-23 11:09
When pressing windows+m, NVDA plays the error sound. When arrowing thru that list view at desktop, NVDA keeps playing the error sound. Can you fix it?

Informations

NVDA main3756

• Windows XP.

Here is the log file.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment nvda.txt added by RamboUdin on 2010-08-23 11:11
Description:
NVDA log containing about the error

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2010-08-23 11:42
Has this always happened on your system with NVDA snapshots? Does rebooting fix it? Also, does this actually cause a problem apart from the error sound? I understand that it's annoying, but I want to know whether it actually affects the functionality.

Quick technical details:

• We're seeing the following errors for explorer over and over again:
ERROR - RPC: explorer.exe, build\x86\remote\injection.cpp, inprocMgrThreadFunc, line 92 (19:06:07):
GetModuleHandleEx failed, GetLastError returned 126
ERROR - RPC: explorer.exe, build\x86\remote\injection.cpp, injection_winEventCallback, line 172 (19:06:07):
inproc manager thread died prematuraly
  • This is where we are trying to use !GetModuleHandleEx to keep the dll loaded.
  • However, it's returning 126: The specified module could not be found.

Mick, any ideas on this one? I don't get it. We set that dllHandle variable in DllMain for DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH, so it really shouldn't be wrong. This then suggests that the dll has been unloaded early, but i can't work out how that could happen.
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2010.2

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by RamboUdin on 2010-08-24 10:35
Hi,
i think it fixed.
Nevermind, it's ok now!
I remove the error sound so that it doesn't happen again.

THANKS!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2010-08-24 11:46
If i understand you correctly, removing the error sound only hides the error. It doesn't fix it. Nevertheless, if it isn't causing you a problem, I'll close it. Reopen if you see again.
Changes:
Added labels: worksforme
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant