Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Chinese language can't load since r375x #861

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 26, 2010 · 3 comments
Closed

Chinese language can't load since r375x #861

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 26, 2010 · 3 comments
Labels
bug component/i18n existing localisations or internationalisation
Milestone

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by hhpmusic on 2010-08-26 12:12
Hello,
I am constantly using various devel snapshots of NVDA. From 375x on, the Chinese language voice can't be loaded, and is substituted with English. When I choose Chinese manually, it says "error in language file". I use Simplified Chinese system.

Regards
Haipeng

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by hhpmusic on 2010-08-26 12:14
Changes:
Changed title from "Chinese languagecan't load since r375x" to "Chinese language can't load since r375x"

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by pvagner on 2010-08-26 15:26
The problem with traditional chinese not loading has been fixed in 5394678.
However it will no longer be automatically preloaded on a simplified chinese system I'm afraid.
I've got a request from its maintainer to make it clear this is traditional chinese language file so it won't be confused with simplified chinese language.
I don't fully understant differences or cultural specifications related to these language files or locales so if chinese community will ask to change it it may very well be possible.
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2010.2
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by hhpmusic (in reply to comment 2) on 2010-08-30 13:58
I got 3798, and found both traditional and simplified Chinese can't be loaded, even using preferences dialog. I want to buy a new computer with Win7, which only NVDA can run and speak Chinese with full function. But since I'm in the continent, no traditional version of the system is avaiailable. So I'd prefer using the older versions.

@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added bug component/i18n existing localisations or internationalisation labels Nov 10, 2015
@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added this to the 2010.2 milestone Nov 10, 2015
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
bug component/i18n existing localisations or internationalisation
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant