Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA crashing Nationwide banking secure page in IE8 #878

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 3, 2010 · 4 comments
Closed

NVDA crashing Nationwide banking secure page in IE8 #878

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 3, 2010 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by wisewoman on 2010-09-03 10:39
Hello,

Having recently installed NVDA i am encountering a problem logging into my Nationwide online banking account. When i enter my security details correctly, IE8 starts to proceed to my account details and then completely closes down. BUT if i disable NVDA , this does not occur. As this issue only started after installing NVDA (2010.1) and as it also does not occur if I manually shut down NVDA beforee trying to do my banking, I must conclude that it is some sort of NVDA bug.

Have you come across this before and do you have any advice?

Thanks

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2010-09-03 11:05
This does sound like an issue that NVDA is causing. Unfortunately, this is going to be impossible for us to debug because we don't have an account with this bank.

Please try a recent snapshot (or the 2010.2beta1 release when it comes out in a few weeks) just in case it fixes the issue, but I unfortunately suspect it won't.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by briang1 on 2010-09-03 11:21
Could I make some suggestions here. Firstly, is this crash at the point when you get the message about changing to and from a secure connection? If it is then turn this message off. I think it normally says something like do not show this, but you can normally fix it on the advanced tab in internet options if I recall.
Does that stop it?
Have you got ie8 set to crash recover on its own, or act like ie 7, where it just goes away when its unhappy! Sometimes the reboot can be handy as it can come back after the crash point.
I'm sure a fix for some ie crashes was put in after 2010.1, so the new snaps may be OK, I do not have an account with them either, so cannot really test this.
Only try one thing at a time though, first the new snap.
Does Firefox work with this site?
Maybe ie 7 might, which can be rolled back to I think.
Brian

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by orcauser on 2011-06-25 15:35
Can this bug be reproduced with the 2011.2beta1?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by Bernd on 2013-05-09 21:09
Closing as we don't get any comments from reporter. Please reopen if the Problem still exists.
Changes:
Added labels: invalid
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant