Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA should read whatever text on the screen using object navigation especially in media player classic. #891

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 7, 2010 · 10 comments
Labels
Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. bug p5 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by RamboUdin on 2010-09-07 00:43
Hi,
NVDA can't read some text such as the statusbar. For example, when in a program called Media Player Clasic, NVDA doesn't read the remaining/elapse time for the track. So, If NVDA can read that, i'll be happy.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2010-09-14 07:17
I just tested with Media Player Classic and can read the status bar fine. You can either get to it manually using object navigation (next object from the pane that initially gets focus, then first child twice) or press NVDA+end to just have the status read.
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to None
Added labels: worksforme
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by RamboUdin on 2010-09-14 08:19
Hi,
i tested and error! what version of mpc (media player clasic) you're tested?
I'm using mpc 6.4.9.1

What is mean is that, jaws or we will read "1:00:00/2:00:00" (elapse/remaining time) when press insert+pagedown (read statusBar).
But, nvda doesn't.

THANKS!

Changes:
Removed labels: worksforme
State: reopened

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2010-09-14 09:12
6.4.9.1 here as well. When I press NVDA+end, it says, for example, "00:06/21:04 playing". What does yours say? Are you sure you have Status enabled in the View menu?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by RamboUdin on 2010-09-14 09:38
Hi,
yes of course. JAWS works well with this. When i press nvda+end, it says "no statusbar found.".

THANKS

Changes:
Changed title from "NVDA should read whatever text on the screen using object navigation." to "NVDA should read whatever text on the screen using object navigation especially in media player classic."

@nvaccess nvaccess deleted a comment from nvaccessAuto Jul 7, 2017
@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

Tried to reproduce this with a recent version: 1.7.11.24 (strange enough this number is lower), and it seems that nvda+end now reads the menu bar.

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jul 10, 2017

Hmm. That suggests the menu bar is at the bottom of the screen.

P4 because there haven't been any other requests for this and it will require an application specific fix.

@jcsteh jcsteh added the p5 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority label Jul 10, 2017
@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

Clarification for my deletion of a comment: it was actually a spam comment from the former ticket system that hasn't got removed. I intended to do this just silently, but it seemed Github kept track of it publicly, which I wasn't aware of.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@LeonarddeR is there any change in Mediaplayer classic 1.8.6 regarding this issue? For what ever reason I cannot install the mediaplayer classic on my PC. The installer does not run.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Can anyone reproduce this in Madia player classic 1.8.8? This is the last version which came out in October 2019.

@Adriani90 Adriani90 added the Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. label Apr 25, 2020
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

We do not have updates on this issue since years and I cannot reproduce it in the last version of Mediaplayer classic. Closing as abandoned.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. bug p5 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants