Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

When in a sayall on webpages or in other html documents, nvda should be able to produce beeps when indicating links #905

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 14, 2010 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by mike.reiser on 2010-09-14 16:50
The user should be allowed to configure whether nvda speaks "Link" or beep and/or play a tone when indicating links while performing a say all. For me personally, it can be quite distracting to hear "Link" while reading an article or something else.
Blocked by #4877
Blocking #2207

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2010-09-14 19:35
Some questions come to mind here. Can nvda produce beeps and speech together, whould this be the way it works? If reading something like wikipedia it could be extremely irritating if all the links beeped.

I prefer link myself, but maybe one needs some kind of click sound for links rather than beeps as an option, and should we allow nothing at all to indicate links as well?
One for the redesigned property sheets probably?
If you are going down this route though, and therare more than two options, should one allow more than one option, say link spoken and sound or use a combo box of the three options.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by geoff on 2010-09-14 21:02
I suggested a couple of years back to the devs that there be a say-all
mode, possibly activated by an alternate keystroke or by a prefix key,
that would just read the text with no formatting information. I
envisioned that this would only be used when requested, and would mean
that a user wouldn't have to go into settings to turn it on and off. I
was specifically thinking of Wikipedia articles where the number of
links can make it tedious for some people to read.
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to None

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2012-04-12 21:46
See duplicate #2207, which additionally suggests that this be extended to headings.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jhomme on 2012-04-13 11:34
Hi,
To be clear, my original thinking about this was that it could work also during normal navigation with arrow keys, keys like h and Shift h, and so on.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by nvdakor on 2014-05-29 06:27
Hi,
So should we keep this one open or close #2207?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by jteh on 2014-05-29 06:36
#2207 is already closed as a duplicate of this.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants