Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Access to the text editor in SQL Server Management Studio #912

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 17, 2010 · 3 comments
Closed

Access to the text editor in SQL Server Management Studio #912

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 17, 2010 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by charless on 2010-09-17 10:48
Is it possible to add support for the editor in SQL Server Management Studio 2008? I am very glad you have added support for the Visual Studio editor and I think the control types of these editors do not differ very much. I would appreciate it very much.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by ianr on 2012-12-27 04:56
This was also an important ticket for me but I just found out that SQL Server Management Studio 2012 express edition works fine with NVDA.
The 2008 version had a text editor similar to Visual Studio 2008.
The 2012 version has a text editor similar to Visual Studio 2010 and 2012 which is probably why it magically works.
Just thought I'd mention that so anyone who sees this ticket knows they can just get the free 2012 express edition and they're set.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by julien on 2015-08-26 12:16
There is basic support for the text editor in SSMS 2008R2. However, erroneous text is completely trapped.
That is, if a query contains an unknown field name, the name is completely absent from the audio or braille feedback. Visually, it is shown as a spelling mistake.

Furthermore, not all nodes in the explorer tree view get proper usable feedback.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

I think this can be closed due to the report in #912 (comment). Version 2008 is probably obsolete. If people want support for the most recent version of SQL Server Management Studio, they can open a new issue.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants