Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Command to find text in virtual buffers #920

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 20, 2010 · 3 comments
Closed

Command to find text in virtual buffers #920

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 20, 2010 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by KevanGC on 2010-09-20 07:35
In jaws and other screen readers, when you're in IE or FireFox, you can press CTRL+F and a dialog will come up, letting you type in a particular text string and pressing enter. It moves the virtual cursor (Or whatever you want to call it) to the next occurence of the text string you typed in. But when you press CTRL+F in NVDA, you get a toolbar, and it's hard to navigate it. I was wondering if you could somehow make something that would allow us to find and go to a particular location on a page in IE or FireFox, just by typing the text in. That would be very useful. Thx.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2010-09-20 07:40
NVDA+control+f does exactly this, as documented in section 7 of the NVDA 2010.2 User Guide.
Changes:
Changed title from "A new request for 2010.2" to "Command to find text in virtual buffers"
Milestone changed from None to None
Added labels: worksforme
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by dharvey (in reply to comment 1) on 2010-09-20 14:20
Replying to jteh:

NVDA+control+f does exactly this, as documented in section 7 of the NVDA 2010.2 User Guide.

Sidenote: on my system NVDA +ctrl +F only works with right ctrl.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh (in reply to comment 2) on 2010-09-20 23:40
Replying to dharvey:

Sidenote: on my system NVDA +ctrl +F only works with right ctrl.

Unfortunately, this is probably a keyboard specific issue. Some keyboards seem to dislike certain combinations of three or more keys.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant