Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Make elements list resizable and scrollable #946

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 26, 2010 · 5 comments
Closed

Make elements list resizable and scrollable #946

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 26, 2010 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by gids on 2010-09-26 14:48
It would improve the usability of the elements list for sighted users if it were resizeable and displayed scroll bars

'''Steps to reproduce'''

Open NVDA

Open Firefox

Visit a webpage

Press NVDA + F7

Press Headings radio button

'''Actual Results'''

Window is not resizeable and does not display scrollbars

'''Expected Results'''

Window is resizeable and displays scroll bars

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment elements_list.png added by gids on 2010-09-26 14:48
Description:
screenshot

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by nvdakor on 2014-12-12 08:09
Hi,
Coming back to this...
This might be a limitation with WXWidgets (Jamie, is it really WXWidgets that is at fault?). I'm interested in this as we fixed dialog centering problem a few weeks ago.
Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2015-01-08 09:23
I don't think anyone ever said this was a limitation in wxWidgets. As far as I know, it's never been investigated.

@Gids, I assume you mean the tree should be scrollable/resizable, not the whole dialog? Is it even possible to resize dialogs?

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

@feerrenrut, would you like to give sighted assistance to do this for #588, or does #6332 block this?

@feerrenrut
Copy link
Contributor

#6332 was a general issue to make sure that dilogs in nvda can be resized (if it is appropriate). If its necessary to do that for this issue, or for #588 I'm happy to help with doing that. Also happy to visually review a PR to ensure that the changes are visually acceptable.

#6332 doesn't have a particularly high priority, and isn't one of our projects at the moment, so is unlikely to get done any time soon.

I think this issue (#946) could possibly be closed. On next, the elements list (within the dialog) displays scroll bars correctly. The dialog, however, is not resizeable, which might be helpful, but no information is hidden in the current implementation and making it resizable would be covered by #6332.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants