Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

User Accounts in Control Panel suddenly exits #964

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Oct 4, 2010 · 11 comments
Closed

User Accounts in Control Panel suddenly exits #964

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Oct 4, 2010 · 11 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by dharvey on 2010-10-04 21:11
When scrolling through the User Accounts area in Control Panel using NVDA 2010.2-Beta2 it suddenly exits.

1. Go to Control Panel and select User Accounts
  2. Scroll through the accounts list.

Result: NVDA 2010.2-Beta2 exits and returns to Control Panel. Problem doesn't occur in NVDA 2010.1.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2010-10-05 00:03
How many accounts do you have listed?
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to None

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by dharvey (in reply to comment 1) on 2010-10-05 00:10
Replying to jteh:

How many accounts do you have listed?

I have the administrator account and my normal user account in non-admin mode.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by dharvey on 2010-10-05 04:02
Here's some more test results:

Using Main-3879 doesn't exit User Accounts in Control Pannel but when clicking on the account name should bring up a list of actions to perform such as change account type ,etc, doesn't come up.

2010.2 Snapshot no. 3867 performs the initial issues rased in this ticket.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by briang1 on 2010-10-05 08:41
Hmm, I have three accounts, Mine, which is also admin, asp, an account of net framework, and guest, which is off.

I cannot duplicate any of this behaviour at all. Using the beta 2 its fine, this is portable version.
If account guest is selected, for example, it prompts for turning it on and allows me to cancel etc.
Tried with normal main and that works as does a recent 2010.2 snap.
There has to be another ingredient here.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by dharvey (in reply to comment 5) on 2010-10-05 10:40
Replying to briang1:

Hmm, I have three accounts, Mine, which is also admin, asp, an account of net framework, and guest, which is off.

I cannot duplicate any of this behaviour at all. Using the beta 2 its fine, this is portable version.

If account guest is selected, for example, it prompts for turning it on and allows me to cancel etc.

Tried with normal main and that works as does a recent 2010.2 snap.

There has to be another ingredient here.

Hi briang1, never use the Admin account for normal use! Create an account as non-admin user. If you need help with how to set it up email me offsite.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by briang1 on 2010-10-05 12:16
Your comment does not apply to the ticket, as far as I know you need to be admin to use the user accounts. I am not admin, but am an admin, the account has got to be admin for me to be able to do as I do. There is only me here, and so..
As I say, I cannot get it to lose the list, but if you are not admin, then its not going to work in any case.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by mdcurran on 2012-10-05 00:05
Is this still an issue?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 9 by ragb (in reply to comment 8) on 2012-10-05 00:13
Replying to mdcurran:

Is this still an issue?

I have an old xp netbook where this can be reproduced with 2012.2.1. I don't have it here at home now, but when I get access to the machine I'll try to get a log from there. On my TODO list.

Regards,

rui Batista

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 10 by briang1 on 2012-10-05 07:27
Not been able to duplicate this on many machines thus far as said in earlier comment. Could it be a resource problem of some sort?

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 15, 2017

Is this still an issue? It sounds like it only happens on XP machines. CC @Brian1Gaff

@jcsteh jcsteh closed this as completed Jul 17, 2017
@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jul 17, 2017

XP specific. Closing.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants