Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA does not see the majority of content on the vatican.va Web site #965

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Oct 5, 2010 · 7 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by dgoldfield on 2010-10-05 03:08
When going to the vatican.va Web site NVDA does not identify any of the links or text on the main page while in browse mode. If I press NVDA plus space to disable browse mode I am able to tab through the various links. When I pressed enter on the link to go to the English version of the site NVDA did identify a form which contained an edit box and a search button but nothing else appeared in the virtual buffer but disabling browse mode did allow me to access links using the tab key. I think I temporarily forced NVDA to get the page in the virtual buffer by closing and restarting the screen reader while the page had focus.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2010-10-05 04:11
Please specify the browser(s) with which you tested.
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to None

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by dgoldfield (in reply to comment description) on 2010-10-05 04:29
Replying to dgoldfield:

When going to the vatican.va Web site NVDA does not identify any of the links or text on the main page while in browse mode. If I press NVDA plus space to disable browse mode I am able to tab through the various links. When I pressed enter on the link to go to the English version of the site NVDA did identify a form which contained an edit box and a search button but nothing else appeared in the virtual buffer but disabling browse mode did allow me to access links using the tab key. I think I temporarily forced NVDA to get the page in the virtual buffer by closing and restarting the screen reader while the page had focus.

This issue was discovered using Seamonkey 2.0.8.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by mdcurran on 2012-10-05 00:08
Is this still an issue? Please try with a recent main snapshot as much of the code for Mozilla Gecko has changed since this ticket was opened.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by dgoldfield on 2012-10-06 02:13
Yes, there are still issues regarding accessing this site. I used a very recent snapshot, probably 5514 with Firefox 15.0.1. Most of the time I was able to use arrow keys to navigate through the text and links on the page but the tab key would not move through most of them except maybe two or three of them.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 15, 2017

I am able to read the links and text on the main page of the vatican.va website in browse mode. Maybe the website changed over the years since this ticket was created.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

For website specific issues, it is quite unlikely that NVDA is the cause of the problem.

@dgoldfield: If you are the dgoldfield that opened this issue, could you please give information on the status of this issue?

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Sep 16, 2017

Closing as worksforme. If this is still an issue for @dgoldfield, if he is the original poster, we can reopen this issue.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants