Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA doesn't read the visual studio 2008 project wizard #974

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Oct 8, 2010 · 4 comments
Closed

NVDA doesn't read the visual studio 2008 project wizard #974

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Oct 8, 2010 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by aleksey_s on 2010-10-08 21:36
str:

• start visual studio 2008 (tested with professional edition)
  • file->new project->win32 console application
  • Type the required info such as project name and project location and press "OK" button
  • the new project wizard should appear

Current results:
the dialog that appears isn't read by NVDA

expected results:
NVDA should read this dialog, othervise one is unable to create a project in vs.

Additional info:
This is a regression from 2010.1.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2010-10-10 22:57
When you say "isn't read," what happens instead? Can you tab through the dialog and have it read the controls? Or do you mean it freezes completely?

Assuming it doesn't freeze or the like, please ensure you can read the text with object navigation. If you can, the code you want to examine is NVDAObjects.behaviors.Dialog.getDialogText(). Neither Mick or I have access to this software, so we can't help here. I suspect we'll need to special case this dialog

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by aleksey_s (in reply to comment 1) on 2010-10-11 04:36
Replying to jteh:

When you say "isn't read," what happens instead? Can you tab through the dialog and have it read the controls? Or do you mean it freezes completely?

NVDA completely looses the tracking of the focus in this window. When i tab/shift+tab it says nothing. Object nav things that there are no objects in that window at all. But NVDA itself doesn't freeze (e.g. I can perform scripts)
Interestingly, that all works OK in 2010.1.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2010-10-11 04:57
I assume you've checked for debug/debugWarning messages in the log? Nothing there?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by aleksey_s on 2011-02-02 19:27
Fix implemented in e17d94c.
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2011.1
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant