Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

User Guide: Mention the fact that NVDA must be running before addon installation. #3775

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 13, 2014 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by ondrosik on 2014-01-13 13:47
Today I encounterred a little issue. My friend is using a screen magnifier and we tryed install a NVDA addon (download and run dyrectly from internet browser). As NVDA was not running, we get an error message. I think that this fact should be mentioned in userguide. Especially if there are potential issues with displaying the error message in user's language. If we can translate this, the mentioning is not so important, because user should quickly notice, what's the problem and solve it without frustrations. I know that 99,9 percent of users are running NVDA when installing addons, but maybe users with screen magnifiers should run into trouble.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by ondrosik on 2014-01-13 13:48
Changes:
Changed title from "Mention fact, that NVDA muste be launched before addon installation." to "Mention fact, that NVDA must be launched before addon installation."

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by nvdakor on 2014-05-30 03:21
Hi,
How about a sentence in add-ons manager section that says one can install add-ons while NVDA is running, otherwise error is shown?
Changes:
Changed title from "Mention fact, that NVDA must be launched before addon installation." to "User Guide: Mention the fact that NVDA must be running before addon installation."

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by ondrosik on 2014-06-20 08:43
Sorry for delay. For me it's fine, but currently the main issue is solved. Now NVDA displays the message in set language, if translators translated it. Tested with SK localization. So we can mention this in userguide but it is not so important as many people don't read carefully. see http://community.nvda-project.org/ticket/3774

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by James Teh <jamie@... on 2015-02-02 06:04
In [2e445c5]:

User Guide: Minor fixes.

Fixes #4506, #4513, #3775, #4176, #4123.

Changes:
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by jteh on 2015-02-02 06:05
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2015.1

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant